Data Visualization & Bioinformatics
PhD student in Computational Biology / Molecular Medicine at the Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology (IEO - Istituto Europeo di Oncologia) in Milan, Italy.
- Bioinformatics, programming and data processing in R and Python.
- Working with job scheduling systems such as SGE and PBS.
- Container-based, automated workflows with Snakemake, Docker and Singularity.
- Interactive apps for data visualization with Shiny.
- Deploy standalone Shiny applications with Electron.
Previous Research Projects
- “Automation of an in vitro selection process”, Master Thesis @ Leibniz University, Hannover (DE)
- “Evaluation of the cancer-preventive effect of Resveratrol-loaded nanoparticles on the formation of tumor spheroids”, Research Internship @ University of Rhode Island, RI (USA)
- “Engineering a synthetic microbial consortium”, iGEM competition @ Team TU Braunschweig, Braunschweig (DE)
- “Regulated Cytidine Deaminase Expression by Improved Doxycycline Inducible Lentiviral Vectors in Human Hematopoiesis”, Bachelor Thesis @ Hannover Medical School, Hannover (DE)
- Scientific Organizing Committee for ENABLE Symposium (2018-2019)
- Climbing instructor at a boulder gym (2016)
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (2015)
- Participant in iGEM competition for Synthetic Biology (2013)
- 2014: M.Sc. in Biotechnology - Biochemical Engineering, Technische Universität Braunschweig (DE)
- 2012: B.Sc. in Biotechnology - Applied Cell Biology, Technische Universität Braunschweig (DE)
- [preprint] XenoCell: classification of cellular barcodes in single cell experiments from xenograft samples. S Cheloni, R Hillje, et al., bioRxiv (2019). Link
- Cerebro: Interactive visualization of scRNA-seq data. R Hillje, et al., Bioinformatics (2019). Link
- Epigenomic profiling of archived FFPE tissues by enhanced PAT-ChIP (EPAT-ChIP) technology. S Amatori, G Persico et al., Clin Epigenetic (2018). Link
- iPSC-derived macrophages effectively treat pulmonary alveolar proteinosis in Csf2rb-deficient mice. A Mucci et al, Stem Cell Reports (2018). Link
- Tightly regulated ‘all-in'one’ lentiviral vector for protection of human hematopoietic cells from anticancer chemotherapy. N Lachmann, S Brennig et al, Gene Therapy (2015). Link